Wednesday 17 February 2010

Sonia Rykiel's Knits..Not!

Am I the only one not really too impressed with Sonia Rykiel's knitwear for H&M...?

Ok some of the images are kinda cute (ie above yellow jumper) and even though most of us can't actually afford the real deal Designer threads, isnt the idea to make it LOOK like we can? Those multi-coloured stripes look not only High Street, but also- dare I say it- cheap! To me this is a perfect example of merely buying into designers for the sake of owning the name- it's all meant to be affordable-yet-still-stylish, such as erm I dont know- Rykiel's lingerie collection for H&M (!!) which managed to look all chic and Parisian doll-like..so how have they got it so wrong this time and created mother-and-baby monstrosities!?

All i'm saying is baby-momma better be willing to hand over their gold if I spot these outfits around town...